need implementation for dfutool via uart; what does usb_control_msg?

Hello,

I need an implementation for the dfu-functionality via uart. For this purpose, I need to know
what the function usb_control_msg writes exactly to the usb-Device to duplicate for example
the header for uart.
I was unable to find an exact implementation of this function with e.g. the given parameters
(USB_TYPE_CLASS | USB_DIR_IN | USB_RECIP_INTERFACE, DFU_UPLOAD). I only found the
functions usb_start_wait_urb and usb_submit_urb, but I can't find out what is really send via usb.
Can anybody tell me what this function sends to the device? And if anyone knows, it is possible
to rewrite this functionality for uart?

Thanks for help,
Best Regards, Bernd Krause

Siemens AG