Experimental Mode: org.bluez.Adapter Methods/Signals

In the adapter.c code (bluez-utils-3.29), there are a number of 4.x methods and signals, which are enabled when hcid is run in experimental mode (-x in startup).

There are a whole lot of others that are labeled as "deprecated", but which are currently available when hcid is in experimental mode, as well as when it is not.  Are these in fact going to be dropped when 4.x is released?

On a similar topic:

When the 4.x methods are registered, they register on bus "org.bluez", with interface "org.bluez.Adapter", but unlike 3.x, the path they use is not "/org/bluez/hci0" but just "/hci0" (for the default case).  Is this intentional and the future direction of bluez-dbus?

I ask because when I tried calling DiscoverDevices, it would fail when I called with path "/org/bluez/hci0", but would run when I called it with path "/hci0".  But, the funny thing is that because the RemoteDeviceFound signal is registered to both the old path and the new path, the signals come back on "/org/bluez/hci0".

Interestingly enough, when I register callbacks for DiscoveryStarted, RemoteDeviceFound, and DiscoveryCompleted against proxies that reference both the old and new path, I find that signals for DiscoveryStarted and DiscoveryCompleted come back against both paths, but the actual RemoteDeviceFound (and RemoteNameUpdated) comes back only against the 3.x path.

before dbus_g_proxy_call: DiscoverDevices
 bus:       org.bluez
 path:      /hci0
 interface: org.bluez.Adapter

Signal from org.bluez.Adapter path: /org/bluez/hci0
DiscoveryStarted()

Signal from org.bluez.Adapter path: /hci0
DiscoveryStarted()

Signal from org.bluez.Adapter path: /org/bluez/hci0
RemoteDeviceFound(00:1C:CC:D6:90:3F,7a020c,0)

Signal from org.bluez.Adapter path: /org/bluez/hci0
RemoteNameUpdated(00:1C:CC:D6:90:3F,BlackBerry 8320)

Signal from org.bluez.Adapter path: /hci0
DiscoveryCompleted()

Signal from org.bluez.Adapter path: /org/bluez/hci0
DiscoveryCompleted()
I would appreciate a sense of direction, because I am working on avrcp/control, and want to make sure I am aligned with your plans going forward.

David Stockwell