This Week at Interior!

Title: This Week at Interior!
Our weekly recap of events at the U.S. Department of the Interior
This Week at Interior
Secretary Haaland and BOEM Director Liz Klein pose with others during a trip to Albany, New York.

This Week: Secretary Haaland highlights how the President’s Investing in America agenda is bolstering the clean energy future in New York; the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management gives the go ahead for the third major commercial-scale, offshore wind energy project in the United States offshore New Jersey; Interior leaders travel to Puerto Rico to discuss how the administration’s all-of-government approach is working for the island's recovery and renewal; a new interactive map from Interior tracks 1,300 projects funded by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law so far; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service grants are on the way for vulnerable wildlife; an endangered California frog gets a helping hand; this week marks the 160th anniversary of the Civil War's most pivotal battle; and our social media Picture of the Week is a story of conservation success!

Watch the Video

Secretary Haaland Highlights Clean Energy Future in New York

Secretary Haaland speaks from behind a podium while BOEM Director Liz Klein looks on.

Secretary Haaland traveled to New York this week to highlight how President Biden’s Investing in America agenda is working to bolster the clean energy future.

Learn More

BOEM Approves Administration’s Third Major Offshore Wind Project

Looking up toward the spinning blades of an ocean wind turbine.

The Bureau of Ocean Management announced it's approved the plan for construction and operations of the Ocean Wind 1 project offshore New Jersey.

Read More

Interior Leaders Highlight Investments, Conservation in Puerto Rico

Deputy Secretary Tommy Beaudreau walks along a suspended walkway through a tropical forest; a guide points at something off to the left.

Deputy Secretary Tommy Beaudreau and Assistant Secretary for Fish and Wildlife and Parks Shannon Estenoz traveled to Puerto Rico to highlight the administration’s all-of-government approach to the island’s recovery and renewal.

Read More

Interior Launches Interactive Infrastructure Map

An aerial view of the B.F. Sisk Dam and San Luis reservoir area.

Interior this week launched a new interactive map to track the more than $7.3 billion invested so far from the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law in over 1,300 projects nationwide.

Read More

States and Territories Receive $7.7 Million in Grants for Wildlife Conservation

Multiple aquatic turtles sit along a log in a pond.

Vulnerable wildlife across the nation will benefit from more than $7.7 million in grants thanks to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Competitive State Wildlife Grant Program.

Read More

ESA at 50: USFWS Releases 166 Endangered Frogs to Boost Population

Wildlife workers measure the size of a small frog before releasing it into the wild.

The Fish and Wildlife Service took steps to boost the endangered Sierra Nevada yellow-legged frogs. More than 150 frogs raised from tadpoles at the San Francisco Zoo and Gardens were released into cool streams in the Plumas National Forest.

Read More

Thousands Turn Out to Mark Gettysburg's 160th Anniversary

Reenactors dressed as Union troops fire a cannon at Gettysburg National Military Park.

This week marked the 160th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, and thousands turned out at Gettysburg National Military Park to mark the occasion with hikes, talks and re-enactments.

Learn More

twitter

Tweet of the Week

Secretary Haaland Twitter Icon

Secretary Deb Haaland  @SecDebHaaland

Today, we celebrate the promise of our nation. Every day, I am proud to serve alongside the public servants across @Interior working to make our country the more perfect union it strives to be. Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Blue and purple fireworks exploding in the night sky

Details |  Retweet

Picture of the Week

An adult whooping crane with white plumage and a crimson face bends down to attend to its baby in a marsh.

Our social media Picture of the Week comes to us from Aransas National Wildlife Refuge in Texas, where the majestic whooping crane stands tall as a symbol of hope and conservation success. Once on the brink of extinction, these remarkable creatures are making strides to recovery thanks to reintroduction programs and habitat protection.

See the picture on Facebook

facebooktwitterinstagramsubscribe

This email was sent to list-blm-ca@xxxxxxxxxxx by: U.S. Department of the Interior · 1849 C Street, N.W. · Washington DC 20240 · 202-208-3100 GovDelivery logo