This Week at Interior!

Title: This Week at Interior!
Our weekly recap of events at the U.S. Department of the Interior
This Week at Interior
Secretary Haaland joins Vice President Harris and others as they pose with shovels at a groundbreaking ceremony

This Week: Secretary Haaland takes part in a groundbreaking event for Ten West Link, a new high voltage transmission line connecting Southern California and Central Arizona; responsibilities governing offshore renewable energy activities transfer from BOEM to BSEE; Interior leaders highlight investments in drought reduction; Joshua Tree National Park announces a new agreement to share resources with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians; USGS tests a new way to access subsurface data across the entire country; and we hit the trail in Utah to find our social media Picture of the Week!

Watch the Video

Biden-Harris Administration Celebrates Groundbreaking of New Transmission Line

The sun sets behind a power transmission tower

Secretary Haaland joined Vice President Kamala Harris, Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, National Climate Advisor Ali Zaidi and leaders from the Bureau of Land Management’s Arizona office to celebrate the groundbreaking of the Ten West Link.

Read More

Interior Transfers Offshore Wind Responsibilities from BOEM to BSEE

A large array of wind ocean turbines

Interior transferred offshore renewable energy regulations from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management to the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, helping ensure clean energy development and operations are safe and environmentally responsible.

Read More

Assistant Secretary Trujillo Visits Colorado, Highlights Drought Reduction

Assistant Secretary Trujillo walks with others at water treatment plant in Colorado

Assistant Secretary for Water and Science Tanya Trujillo wrapped up a multi-day visit to Colorado where she toured a water treatment facility and spoke at the Four States Irrigation Council Annual Meeting, highlighting investments in drought reduction from President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and the Inflation Reduction Act.

Read More

Joshua Tree National Park Announces Co-Stewardship Agreement with Tribe

A National Park Service official embraces a member of the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians at a ceremony.

Joshua Tree National Park formalized an agreement this week with the Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians for continued cooperation and a path toward shared stewardship of park resources.

Read More

New Web Portal Offers Access to Critical Borehole Data

USGS scientists pose with scientific instrument as they prepare to gather borehole data

The U.S. Geological Survey is testing a new way of accessing data and samples to better understand subsurface conditions from across the entire country.

Read More

twitter

Tweet of the Week

DOI Seal

US Department of the Interior @Interior

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

As we honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., we remember his message of unity and service.

The Stone of Hope statue shows a figure of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. etched into the side of a rock wall during sunset.

Details | Retweet

Picture of the Week

Dark red sandstone Fisher Towers and Moon in late afternoon glow.

Our social media Picture of Week is from Fisher Towers National Recreational Trail. The Utah trail winds for 2.2 miles around the base of Fisher Towers and as it climbs it offers some of the most expansive and striking views of the Colorado River basin, including Castle Rock, Castle Valley and the Book Cliffs.

See the picture on Twitter

facebooktwitterinstagramsubscribe

This email was sent to list-blm-ca@xxxxxxxxxxx by: U.S. Department of the Interior · 1849 C Street, N.W. · Washington DC 20240 · 202-208-3100 GovDelivery logo