Re: no PC speaker beep on startup anymore

On 1/9/24 10:33, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
I notice sometime ago my PC stops beeping when booting. I know it's not hardware problem since running debian ISO installer I can hear double beeps.

If you're using Grub, you can configure it to play tones during the boot process.

For example, in /etc/default/grub you can specify the following.

GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"
If you're expecting a beep at the firmware level, then it isn't a Linux issue, and in that case it's specific to your system's firmware or its configuration.