Re: scan and read under Linux

This is quite correct.
based on the steps you outlined, an image seems likely.
If the Orca specific suggestions do not work, may i echo one Chime provided?
send the pdf file to robobraille.
convert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
attach the file, simply placing what you want the end product to be in the subject field.
html or rtf or txt for example.
Robobraille will send back the results, often quite swiftly.
Hope this helps,
Karen