Re: What Happened to duckduckgo?

I have it working here in Firefox, but I haven't used it in a very long
time, since I saw a traceroute that took me directly through msn.com and
found out that they actually show ads via Microsoft's ad network. Since
then, I found

https://searx.org/

which runs a self-hostable open source search engine that is not powered
by Microsoft or any other too-big-for-its-own-good software company and
shows no ads. It is a metasearch, meaning that it aggregates results
from the big names, but you have the option to choose which of those it
aggregates, or you can stick with smaller search engines if you like,
including the open source and self-hostable non-meta search Gigablast.
There are others, some based on crypto, but searx.org seems to be the
best, giving me the most relevant results, far better than DDG last time
I used it. Hope it helps.

~Kyle