Re: VS Code, Emacs with Emacspeak or something else for Python programming?

On 11/6/24 23:59, Ryan Mann wrote:
I turned on the screen reader support in VS Code and opened a Python
file that I know has indentations in it.  When I up and down arrow
through the file, Orca does not tell me the indentations.  Is there a
way to get Orca to tell me this or should I use something else like
Emacs with Emacspeak?

Did you try turning on the option in Orca Preferences -> Speech for speaking indentation and justification?

Emacspeak will do much more than announce indentation. For example, it will provide syntax highlighting, auditory icons, and a well designed spoken interface to Emacs in general. You can temporarily turn off Orca while Emacspeak is running.