Re: folder containing orca

Potentially useful, but under debian, and presumably it's many derivatives(Ubuntu, Mint, Knoppix, Devuan, etc.), the folder

/var/lib/dpkg/info

Contains many .list files, one for every package installed on the system via apt or dpkg. These are plain text files that include the paths to every file that was installed when that package was installed.

That directory also includes several .confiles files, which lists system configuration files for a given package(I believe these are the files left behind when you uninstall a package without purging hte config files).

If you're using a distro that uses something other than apt/dpkg for managing installed packages, I have no idea where equivalent information might be stored. That said, stand alone binaries are usually stored in /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin or /usr/sbin with libaries stored in /lib or /usr/lib and data files in /usr/share and system config files in /etc.

Of course, edit files at your own risk. All of the above mentioned directories are read-only without sudo/root privileges for a reason.