Reading Dates in Software Speech?

Hi All: While useing Fenrir during our recent trip, I noticed something rather inconsistant about how several software speech engines are handling dates in an index in Alpine. So-far an only place I never have this trouble is my DecTalk USB. It will be interesting knowing if many of you who use software speech will hear this line as I did
->1 Apr 23 Google Alert Google Alert - iran
Well, here that 1 becomes April first 1
Meanwhile, once I am at message 32 it reads a bit more normally. Certainly my Wife's windows11 machine does the same thing in Alpine. Today I ran a Voxin Allison voice on my Debian SID machine. Same thing in Speakup. Why it would basicly swop around an index number with an abbreviation of a month. I really don't remember noticing this in Eliquence, nor the many years in Vocal-Eyes with 2 different DecTalks. I suppose if Speakup had an exception dictionary, one could put lots of entries, maybe replace those monthly abbreviations with reel worlds. Thanks so much in advance for your analysis.
Chime