Re: crontab -e behaves Oddly in Bookworm with Speech

According to the man page, crontab runs the -e option with either the VISUAL or EDITOR
editors.

Try
echo $VISUAL
and
echo $EDITOR
to see which editor you might be picking up. Then you could change it in your .profile or  other shell configuration file.

Rudy

Rudy Vener
Website: http://www.rudyvener.com
Check out my latest story: Dwindling at http://www.starshipsofa.com/blog/2024/02/14/starshipsofa-726-rudy-vener/