Re: Programming lists

Try the following link.

Ashley Breger

On Feb 4, 2024, at 8:24 AM, 'Jason J.G. White' via blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/2/24 00:37, Rich Morin wrote:
This reminds me of a question I've been wondering about for a while.  Is there (and if not, why not) a multi-topic forum for the blind?  It could be hosted and archived in any number of ways, have topical sub-channels, etc.

I'm not aware of any. There are technology mailing lists which are not specific to an operating system or screen reader, however.

Harder to find are fora that attract mostly or entirely people who have or seek to acquire technical knowledge. Often, the fora are filled with questions from nontechnical end users that could often be answered in 30 seconds by doing a Web search, or by looking up documentation. I'm only exaggerating slightly.

Are there any screen reader/assistive technology/braille-related discussion fora that are open to participation but tend not to attract, for want of a better term, nontechnical end-users? The Linux-related lists are perhaps the closest we have.