Re: Linux e-readers do they exist?

I have been able to get a Raspberry Pi 400 connected to an external
battery and running the MATE desktop via Stormux. I have DECTalk
speaking on this machine. The only thing needed is a USB sound card
which can be purchased for under $10. The whole system shouldn't set you
back more than about $150 in total, and that would include either a
256GB or 512GB MicroSD for the OS. I think the worst problem I found was
some latency with DECTalk, but it seems this was fixed in November,
though I hadn't pulled the git in some time, so haven't tested this fix
yet. Hope it helps.

~Kyle