seeking someone who...?

currently uses Alpine to access their gmail content.
as shared, someone here who enjoys email construction is seeking to create a solution for me.
However, he has never configured alpine before.
I am going to ask on both the alpine and Debian list as well, but because I have never accessed gmail in this way, I need to know that the end result will match what i expect from an adaptive technology standpoint. If you currently access gmail using alpine and imap, would you write me off list?
klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks,
kare