Re: EmacSpeak Won't Compile

On 11/26/23 03:51, Chime Hart wrote:
Hi All: I would like to try Fenrir with a DecTalk USB. According to Crys
he has implimented support, but I must use an Emacspeak DecTalk server.
However, whether we make from github or run an apt install here in
Debian SID, we get the following.
Setting up emacspeak (53.0+dfsg-2) ...
Install emacspeak for emacs
/usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/emacspeak running in /
Latest installed version: 53.0+dfsg-2
install/emacspeak: Handling install for emacsen flavor emacs
   Temporary log file is emacspeak.log.eiSp4n

What do you see in there.

   Byte-compiling  (~0.7 min) ...ERROR: install script from emacspeak
package failed
dpkg: error processing package emacspeak (--configure):
  installed emacspeak package post-installation script subprocess
returned error exit status 1
  emacspeak

What error(s) do you get if you run the config script yourself?

Issues on sid are expected, filing a bug might not hurt though!

--
John Doe