Re: command line tool for this task?

Have you considered using a here document in a shell script, with variables that can be supplied for those parts of the text that change?

https://www.baeldung.com/linux/heredoc-herestring

On 16/10/23 14:45, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
Hi folks,
Let me begin by stating that my access to Linux is a shell service, specifically shellworld.net

what I am seeking is a tool likely to be included that lets me create a file I will then use as a gift acknowledgment letter sent via email.
What I mean is this.
I have the name and email of a contributor.  I create the body, but wish to change slight details, their name, the amount their email etc. Is there a tool in command line Linux that will provide this sort of solution?
thanks,
Karen