Kindle books

Hi, upon searching, I've found 3 applications that claim to display Amazon Kindle books for reading: Calibre, Foliate, and Lector. Is any of them good?

Whatever is good if any, does it read the current Kindle format? Some online services claim to convert the AZW format, but they appear to convert only an old version, as when I try to convert, it says can't convert due to DRM restrictions.

Thanks,
Cleverson