Re: inclusive hardware testing tools?

On 11/7/23 18:17, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
Karen Lewellen with a creative question for folks who  work with hardware. Do you have a tool that lets you test the integrity of things like motherboards and the link? due to a power issue with my new apartment, surges are impacting things like serial ports and so forth.

Have you considered placing all of the valuable hardware behind an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)?

The good ones can be controlled by a Linux system, and should log events such as power line voltages that are above or below reasonable limits. Of course, they protect connected devices against these fluctuations by switching to a battery. Complete loss of power is also protected against for as long as the battery lasts.

I don't know who manufactures the high-quality UPS devices these days or what to recommend.