Re: The Weirdness Just Keeps on Coming (was Can I run a .bat file from basica

Wow!  Thanks.  I'll keep this for future reference as I got this
message after I did it the hard way.

	In the last few days, I have been trying to find
accessible material, not so much in basic programming as I did a
bunch of that from 1979 until the early eighties in Applesoft
Basic which is extremely similar to GW-Basic and basica but
commands like the ,a flag are exactly what I was looking for  but
if you start searching for the basica command set, one tends to
fall down a lot of rabbit holes leading to visual basic and so
forth.  I'm not even interested in programming in basic again as
that ship sailed but I would have never figured out that flag of
,a if my life depended on it.

	Here's a bit of trivia if anybody wants to grind their
brains a bit.  I do know the answer but here it is:

	The list of program files on the disk all had normal
dates when they were in unix.  After I saved one of them using
the save "progname.bas" ,a operation, the save was perfect but
the date is now December 31, 1969 at 18:00 hours.

	I put the floppy in question back on a Linux box and did
ls -lt on the files, expecting to find my newly-saved ASCII file
first.

	With that creation date, it is dead last so the date
matters but it's a small issue for the most part.
	Hint.  If you live in some place other than the
US/Central time zone, your strange date will be different such as
if you live in the UK, your odd date will be 1 January of 1970 at
Midnight.

	It's definitely not a "Twilight Zone" event but the first
time you see that, it makes you wonder what's going on.

	Again, thanks.

Martin McCormick