Re: The Weirdness Just Keeps on Coming (was Can I run a .bat file from basica

I think I have just found a way to save you a ton of trouble.

https://github.com/rwtodd/bascat

This does say that it is written in powershell, but other branches are mentioned that do the same thing in other languages. You may be especially interested in the branch called rust-version. Although this is listed as a stale branch, it most likely will still do what you need.

You may also be able to use a gwbasic decoder to convert the program to text, as gwbasic and basica I believe are similar. The original gwbasic source code that Microsoft released in 2020 is the assembly code from the 1983 version, and gwbasic and basica are said to be functionally identical, so although your mileage may vary, it just may work. Incidentally, gwbasic has already been built to run on FreeDOS, and therefore should also run on dosemu as well.

~Kyle