Re: Mate deskto keyboard layout issue

    If you go to the Control Center and find Keyboard, you can add a new keyboard.  It has the option to select by country.  Once you add it I think you can make it the default.  If you are on the desktop and press control-shift-tab you should go to the Top panel.  From that arrow to System then select Control Center by pressing up or down arrows.