Re: Accessible way to install Ubuntu server

Have you ever used a kickstart file?
To do it locally, you'd need to write a kickstart file of your own
Then put it on another drive.  For running it locally ks=/dev/sdb1/ks.cfg
that's the boot parameter you give the installer disk.
The ks.cfg file has all answers to all questions that is asked during the
installation.
Extra packages have a post-install section in the ks.cfg file and are
pulled in with their dependencies if all goes correctly.
I once used a ks.cfg file on the web located in England and it installed
ubuntu desktop for me in half an hour when it worked.

I made a braille copy of that ks.cfg file and would have to dig it out and
if I can it'll show you questions and answers that got given to install
that instance of ubuntu.
I've never done a local install with it and that would be an interesting
to try to see if it'll work.
This is similar to windows unattended install except no user key has to be
entered for linux.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.