Re: Twitter alternatives for the blind community?

According to Ryan Mann
Isn’t it true that you can also use hardware synthesizers with Speech Dispatcher?  I thought I remembered seeing modules for synths such as Apollo.

I don't think so. I have seen hardware support in Speakup and available as Emacspeak servers, but not in speech-dispatcher, although it may be possible to write a generic configuration module for a hardware speech synthesizer.

As an aside to this, shouldn't it be possible to implement Emacspeak server support in either Orca or in speech-dispatcher, thereby solving this problem completely?

~Kyle