Re: New user question

Seems to me the question is about Linux as a server and not desktop. So whereas you might have had problems with Orca or the Linux desktop and thought they are not production ready, that is not what the guy is asking for. He wants the usability of Vultr to administer his server.

To answer your question, Vultr is a VPs. As such, you are expected to know how to do some basic Linux sysadmin work on your own such as installing not only the main operating system, but even maintaining the system through software package management. I advise that even if you have undying love for Windows, you invest some time in learning about the distro you want to run. Be it Debian or Red Hat or any of their derivatives, take some time to educate yourself about the web servers such as Apache and Nginx, security around server administration, SSH and logins securely with PuTTY on Windows.

Anyway, others will chime in.

The Euclidian