Re: tdsr

I'm also not sure what the functional difference between
.bash_profile, .bash_login, and .bashrc is.

It's been a minute since I actually did anything really extensive with this, since I primarily use zsh, so bear with me if I have the wrong information here. As I remember things though, .bash_profile runs every time a bash shell starts, .bashrc runs only when the shell is an interactive shell, and .bash_login runs only when the shell is a login shell, i.e. either started at login time or via su using the single dash (-) option or sudo -i. I do hope I have the right information and that it helps.

~Kyle