Re: screen in Ubintu shell question?

Thanks,
There is a reason why I want to use links the chain here, documenting a dreamhost issue for dreamhost instead of shellworld.
Still your wisdom is sound.
now, if I can just get the hardcopy creation process to work.
Thanks,
Karen

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

On 2022-10-02 15:29, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
My issue tough is that in the Ubuntu shell to to which I have access, typing
screen links www.website.com
produces the following error.
screen cannot accept www.website.com no such file or directory.  screen is
terminating.

This sounds suspicously like you omitted "links" (or "lynx") from
the command, typing

 $ screen www.website.com

instead of

 $ screen links www.website.com

(assuming that error was "cannot exec" rather than "cannot except",
which is what would match the error I get when omit the browser)

You can use whichever browser you want (as long as it's available
on shellworld), so you could use lynx-the-cat instead of links-the-chain.

-Tim