Re: I have a question, and request?

On 8/31/2022 4:46 AM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
First the question, I am installing Fedora workstation 36 into a virtual machine on my MacBook Pro 2020. It appears that I have downloaded a live image. So the live image booted up, and did it's thing. A family member who did the reading said that there was a question install to the hard drive, or I think just
as a live version. So far the machine has been installing for the better part of an hour and 1/2 or so. Is this normal? Should I now shut down this "light distribution and reboot the virtual machine and try and login? Any suggestions would be helpful.

The installation time is determined by the resources allocated to the guest.

According to [1], you should be able to install if you like the live
release.

If you reboot the VM, it will either restart in live mode or with the
distro being installed.

Here's my request if someone on the list knows how to do this. I am in the process of changing email addresses for this list. What is the easiest way to do that.

See [2].

HTH.

[1] https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/

John Doe