Re: "Accessibility in Fedora Workstation" (fwd)

And as I said from the outset, I am far more concerned with how this article makes accessibility, and Red Hat commitment to accessibility appear to the public. A claim to having authority, when stating one knows nothing about how access can be provided to various populations equally deserving is concerning. even in the article comments an individual outlined a need, that they did not anticipate being met because Fedora was creating a "blindness" program. If your associate leads with stated limits, yet does not indicate he plans to address them, inclusion on this platform for all who seek it seems far from likely. I do agree on the forum though. Had comment snot been closed by the time I got the article, and I been in a position to do so, I might have raised them on the spot.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2022, Milan Zamazal wrote:

"KL" == Karen Lewellen <klewellen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

   KL> may I ask from where he obtained his software engineering
   KL> degree?  Studied computer science?  Perhaps disability studies?
   KL> there are certainly scores of disabled individuals with these
   KL> various levels of qualification..even who are Linux users.  The
   KL> interview did not document a single one, outside of his
   KL> experiencing blindness..which is not going to insure he creates
   KL> an accessible platform for fedora since access refers to several
   KL> populations.  and he states he knows nothing about those.

I have already said regarding this what I felt was needed and I don’t
find appropriate continuing that discussion here.  I’d suggest focusing
on how to improve free software accessibility instead.

If anybody cares about Fedora accessibility, there is always opportunity
to help by providing fixes to reported bugs, giving technical advice or
filing bugs on not yet reported issues.  All of these is needed, it’s
sometimes difficult to move on with some issues and to get any help.
OTOH trying to demotivate people who work on accessibility is certainly
not helpful.

Regards,
Milan