Re: I3wm, any progress?

# I'm currently using flwm as my window manager, not because of any specific # features, but because it has the fewest dependencies and smallest # disc usage of the Window managers I've tried with the aforementioned # script that works with Firefox+Orca with a completely default config

# for the window manager(can't remember which,

Back when I did work for F123, we used a window manager called jwm I believe it was. As I recall, it worked perfectly in the manner you describe, and the installed size on disk was extremely small. We used this to run Firefox and a few other applications that we would run standalone with Orca running in the background from the startup script. I don't remember flwm being available at that time, but I found that jwm was very light and had few dependencies also. Running from a Raspberry Pi 3 at the time, this is before even the 3B+, Firefox did start up rather slowly, but that was because the browser is large and resource intensive, not at all because of the window manager. So on machines like this especially, it looks like there are two possibilities now for window managers that work very well with those tight resource constraints.

~Kyle