Re: I'm in crisis, help!!!

In general, Linux plays nicely with the CLI and thus with shell scripts.  So, here's a possible approach:

- Using script(1), record all of the restoration work.
- edit the typescript file into a shell script (eg, soundfix)
- use soundfix to restore the sound, etc.

Here is a sample script session:

=====
$ script
Script started, output file is typescript
-2- [07:11 Mon May 23] ~
$ date
Mon May 23 07:11:16 PDT 2022
-2- [07:11 Mon May 23] ~
$ exit
exit

Script done, output file is typescript
=====

The typescript file will look something like this:

=====
$ cat typescript
Script started on Mon May 23 07:11:11 2022
-2- [07:11 Mon May 23] ~
$ date
Mon May 23 07:11:16 PDT 2022
-2- [07:11 Mon May 23] ~