Re: FYI - Command Line Programs for the Blind

Hi all, I use to leave mailing lists at vacation mode and visit their archives once a month, so I'm late to this subject.

Specifically, I just wanted to comment about a viable full featured command line web browser, including all of bells and whistles like Javascript, possibly web apps, convenient keystrokes, not depending on a desktop environment being set up, etc.

As far as I recall, some blind Linux users including me have been wanting such a browser for more than ten years, yet such software has never been developed, which in turn demonstrates one thing I've read in an article last year: that web browsers are arguably the most complex type of software in the world. Not by chance, there are so few actively developed engines, despite all being open source.

In any case, I would support a command line web browser by donations, albeit I could probably donate much. In fact, AFAIC the main problem wouldn't be developing the browser, but building a relatively long term sustainable plan to maintain it, especially considering the importance of browsers to the comtemporary life, which requires us to have confidence to trust it enough. Am I right?

Best,
Cleverson