Re: OT: alexandria.org

 One drawback seems to be that alt-left-arrow doesn't back me out of a search result as it does using Duckduckgo.  Sometimes, control-w works in such cases, but in these instances it brought me all the way back to the desktop.

Try holding the shift key while you press the enter key to activate a result link. This should open it in a new window, so that control+w will take you back to the result page instead of the desktop. Hope this helps.

~Kyle