Re: Any progress on .pdf viewing?

Both Evince and Atril can read pdf files. Firefox and most Chrome-based browsers are also able to read them. Usually though, I just run pdftotext on the file and pop the resulting file into the text editor of choice.

pdftotext -raw <filename>

usually works best, and generates a text file in the same folder as the pdf file, replacing the pdf extension with txt. The pdftotext tool and other similar converters are found in the package usually called poppler-utils, and I haven't yet seen a distro that doesn't include that package. These are all the options I am aware of currently.

~Kyle