Re: Mutt or Alpine

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

7> Belatedly, Mutt (I don't have Neomutt on this machine, because...thanks
Solus?) works really, really well in a terminal oddly enough as well as a pure console. Alpine sadly doesn't so at least for my use case, Mutt wins out

Now to figure out if Mutt or Neomutt is a better fit? I'd say you can probably ransition from Alpine to Mutt with a bit of a learning curve, for me

Alpine. But Mutt, at least on my machine, works better with Orca in  a terminal, I don't run into horizontally laid out things, Mutt has it listed alphabetically so I know or example my Blinux folder is always at the top of the heap, Inbox is option #5 and so forth. To me that makes more sense than having Inbox/Drafts/etc all on one line, but YMMV on that of course, ...

You can fix this in ALPINE by setting

single-column-folder-list

I would think that most of us here would want this feature set.

HTH,
Geoff.