Re: Mutt, how do I..

If you put these two lines in your .muttrc file:
set autoedit=yes
set edit_headers=yes

Then running mutt -i file  email@xxxxxxxxxxx

will take you to an edit buffer of your favorite editor where you can
edit the message body and the headers in one big file. Be careful to preserve the
blank line immediately after the headers.

Once you finish editing the email and exit your editor, you should be
at the mutt attachments page with the headers at the top and your
cursor on the inline attachment description, such as:

- I     1 /var/tmp/mutt-panix3-20196-19225-1671515                                                                           [text/plain, 7bit, us-ascii, 0.5K]

At that point you can edit it again by hitting the e key, or send the email by hitting y.

I have no idea how to show only unread messages in a mailbox. I usually either delete them or save each message into
an appropriate mailbox if I want to save it. e.g. bookclub, slint, speakup, etc.

Hit s after reading the email and mutt will ask you for the name of the mailbox
in which to save the message.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 03:02:13PM +0000, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
> Okay so...
>
> Hopped over to Mutt as my email client. Since it uses less resources.
>
> Now I've two main questions
>
> 1. Currently I've a macro to do mutt email -i muttbody.txt -s subject
>
> How would I add text to the body of an email? It just adds it as an
> attachment like mutthostname then numbers.txt instead of putting it in the
> body of the message though
>
> 2. Is there a way I can display the number of unread messages somehow, like
> Inbox (2) like I can on a GUI client?

Rudy Vener
Website: http://www.rudyvener.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/RudySalt