Re: Before I install Arch on bare metal...few questions

So more questions that I didn't get around to asking earlier and thought of after sending that first message

1. I've run into this (mostly) on a VM, but is there an advantage of grub over system-d boot? I've never got a VM to boot using grub so I'm not sure how it'd afect bare metal

2. From an A-A11y perspective. I'm noting down what I need. Here's my current list

alsa-utils espeakup orca speech-dispatcher

Is that all I need for a working DE like Gnome or Mate, i.e. can I just install those four packages, dependencies, and and end up with a working system?

I don't really want to nuke my Solus install until I know Arch is working, but equally I don't want to overdo installing stuff and get swampd with a hundred updates every day for an extreme example. I've managed to pare it down to one or two with a lean, minimal system. Hopefully I can replicate that on bare metal

So given I've Solus on /dev/sda, and I put Arch on /dev/sdb for example, would I need to install Grub to be able to swap between the two installed OSes as needed? I'm not 100% sure if installing Grub as part of the Arch install will break being able to boot into Solus though