Re: looking for accessible music library app

I'm currently using Clementine here. This has library database functionality, although like I said, I don't know how that works. It does create playlists in a pretty straight-forward way. As for organizing my music, I still find the local filesystem to be the best method of organization, as it doesn't rely on tags, which can be incorrect at times, especially if I get something from a CD that had a misspelling in an artist name or similar in CDDB that I didn't catch right away. Also, depending on where you get your music, sometimes tags can be missing entirely, in which case, your library database usually won't even see it, or it will organize it according to unknown artist unknown album unknown song, even if the filename is correct. So I usually just stick to folder organization, and I can still create playlists with exactly the songs I want. Clementine even saves playlists in xspf (XML shareable playlist format), which can be played in other players fairly easily, and has the added benefit of being able to store more details about each song than most other playlist formats, making each song provide the same amount of detail in any player that plays it via your playlist. This detail can even be used in some players to create tags in the song file itself, so that if you do rely on a library database rather than just folders and filenames, fixing it once in the playlist will sometimes fix it in the library database by fixing the file's tags.

~Kyle