Re: What is the easiest and most accessible editor?

Tim here.  I like RCS when dealing with single files such as one
configuration file or my "~/notes.txt".  However, once there are
multiple files involved, I usually switch to one of the others (I've
used all the ones I've listed, but default to git these days; but
Fossil is good, too). That way, there's more smarts about how *all*
the files were at any given point in time.

-tim