Re: WEBM, is it the default option of yt-dlp downloads?

I read the questions and the  replies on this list and find myself lost, and wonder if I need a masters in computer sciences to keep up!! hahahaha

And this is exactly the problem I have, and why I generally like to help people one-on-one with what works right out of the box rather than getting caught up in the more esoteric power user stuff. Linux is no harder to use nor more occult than any other OS, it just has this reputation because of lies spread by corporate entities that make other operating systems, as well as well-meaning people who want everyone to have the power user experience. There's nothing at all wrong with allowing others to have the power user experience, which is why no Linux distribution will ever take that experience and those abilities away from anyone. The problem is that this power user experience is not at all for everyone, and many people just want to sit down at their computers and just get things done in the most efficient and productive way possible, and GNU/Linux is by far the best OS for this as well, despite everything people on this and other lists write to the contrary. The only real difference between any Linux distribution and any other OS is that with a Linux distribution, you have more choices available for any skill level under the sun than you get with any other OS, all available from even a choice of software repositories. Whereas this can be seen as a bad thing, it is actually a very good thing. No, you don't have to have a master's degree in computer science to use Linux, nor do you even have to know how to be a fairly competent programmer. You only need to know how software repositories work and how to find what you need, which is something that GNU/Linux makes much easier than all other operating systems, although some do make this easier than others. Still, it's all about choice and all about freedom, but many of the available choices actually make it easier to just get things done, and we don't have to be absolute beginners in order to get any use out of our OS either, since it can grow from the absolute beginner all the way up to the most sophisticated power user experience better than any other OS currently on the market.
~Kyle