have any of you mannaged to successfully install linux alongside with windows?

Hello folks,

I have been playing with Linux mint and Accessible Coconut for over 24 hours. I am getting to like this system. However, When I contemplated installing on my hard disk, I found the installation process a little confusing and scary. I always reverted back and aborted the installation to prevent an unintended damage to my windows operating system.

If any of you have successfully managed to install linux alongside with windows on the same hard disk, please advise me on how to go about it safely.

Regards,

Ibrahim