Re: Solus DE observations

This message is coming from my Solus Mate installation.  Mate and the applications work as expected, with the exception of speech dispatcher.  All other audio sounds fine, but speech is a little choppy.  Also, I found that some packages aren't in the repos, namely LIOS and Chirp.  I don't know what the build experience is like in Solus, and have those packages in my Slint system. Speaking of Slint, have you considered it?

I have used Linux Mint Mate edition, and find that the accessibility works fine in the apps and on the desktop and menus.  I find that I have to use flat review on Mint Mate's bottom panel, and the battery  charge indicator doesn't seem to refresh properly.

HTH,

Dave  H.

Sent with Thunderbird and Solus GNU/Linux.