Re: Starting linux again

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Just make sure Debian supports all of your hardware first. My Acer
Espire E-1574... or 1575... worked on Arch install but not when trying to
install Debian. Also be aware that many packages will probably be versions
out of date of upstream, so missing features and possible fixes. Besides
that it would probably be a good console system.

If you're willing to roll the dice a bit, Debian Bullseye is approaching a release and will obviously have newer software than the current stable version. Also, I'm sure they'd like installation reports, especially if there are any issues. Accessibility-related issues can be reported to the debian-accessibility mailing list.

You can find out more about Bullseye at https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/

You can find out mroe about accessibility in Debian at https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility

HTH,
Geoff.