Re: Starting linux again

Both slint and jenux are available.  The slint distro has excellent
accessibility and its parent distribution slackware likely will be
upgrading to slackware 15.0 or 15.1 this year.  That parent distribution
was the first commercial linux distribution on the market.  While jenux is
for those that want to live on the bleeding edge, slint is not.  Slint and
slackware have slackbuilds.org for 3rd party scripts you can use to build
and install 3rd party software.  The archlinux answer to that is the aur
repository.  If you go with jenux, choose the base distribution when it
comes up for a console environment.  Jenux can be complicated if a user
that chose base install wants a graphic install later on on the same
machine without reinstalling the whole system.  The slint distribution is
different.  You get to run in console but slint installs a graphical
environment you can run from console with the startx script.