Re: A question about Fenrir on Arch linux

I like pidgin messenger for irc.  Once pidgin is  installed, open it and add an account.  When asked for account type, select 'irc'.  You'll be asked for the address of a server, depending on how pidgin is configured, you'll have 'irc.freenode.net' pre-filled.  If that's what you want, go ahead and accept it. You'll have a message about connected to the server.  In your buddy list, do 'ctrl+c', you'll be asked to join a chat. type the name of the channel.  The chat messages with start coming in and being read by orca.  You can use 'orca+f1 through orca+f9 to read previous, next-to previous, etc...

HTH,

Dave  H.