linux and orca

Hello, my name is Gery Gaubert.  I live in Louisiana.  I am a retire I.T.
professional.  I enjoy cooking, ham radio, family and learning nnew things
to name a few.  I was given a raspberry pi as a retirement gift and I want
to learn how to use it.  I have Raspbian installed and orca screen reader.
I want to change some of the orca settings.  I read that you use insert and
space to do that but that doesn't work.  What am I missing?