QT apps frezing in Virtualbox?

Quick question. I swear this got fixed, but I've been playing around with Solus recently since 4.2 fixed the installer (woohoo!), among others and I'm running into a consistent theme of Electron/QT based apps freezing the VM with null driver issues.

So given I'm running Virtualbox, is there anything I can do about this?

I've tried Solus Mate/Budgei, and both lock up as soon as I alt+f4 Chromium/QT apps, as in host+r is the only way to fix it sort of lock up. Same for a few other distros too but Solus is the one that leaps out at me. I thought this was fixed at least in Mate last year? It works flawlessly in Ubuntu Mate after all.