Solus is....sort of fixed?

As the subject says, Solus 4.2 has a workable installer. I'm creeping back toward Solus because, more up to date packages than Ubuntu, but I'm just a bit confused by a few things.

Now. These may all be caused by having a weird VM setup, yeah, let me state that.

Brave installs fine, no messing with PPA or downloading files, which is a huge, huge plus for me. I've yet to test Skype or Discord, or try building Orca from git, but here's my few maybe VM issues...

Brave breaks the system a little. By that I mean, okay, Brave installs but it's not accessible despite claiming to be 89.X...even with the flags set properly. That may be down to my weird VM setup however.

On the other hand Solus is still as zippy as I remember it being on the Mate desktop. If I can get MPV and such installed I can nearly replicate my Ubuntu setup on Solus, minus all the added packages