Re: Is this possible?

As far as I know all additions of ubuntu have a shell of some sort. All the graphical stuff run on top of a shell. If ssh is installed and configured then you should be able to ssh into any version of ubuntu. You will, of course not have the graphical desktop. I do this with virtual machines all the time some running as servers without graphics and some running a desktop.

Tom