Re: vlc in slint

I'll paste below the answer posted on the Slint mailing list:

I don't think so. This could be due to the version currently shipped in Slint of VLC itself and of the GUI (Qt). It's hard to tell not knowing which version
of both software you used previously.

Meanwhile, other user interfaces are available for VLC, some could be more
accessible with speech, including on the console. You may want to try:
cvlc (console)
nvlc (ncurses)

This being said I widely prefer mpv over vlc. It doesn't have fancy GUI but
is usable in mate-terminal as in a console.

Didier