Re: cli-party package

I just installed the deps using sbopkg, then did this:
wget https://gitlab.com/stormdragon2976/cli-party/-/archive/master/cli-party-master.tar.gz
tar xf cli-party-master.tar.gz
cd cli-party
./cli-party

It worked.

Didier

Le 03/01/2021 à 19:17, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
Hi,

This page:
https://gitlab.com/stormdragon2976/cli-party/-/blob/master/cli-party
mentions as dependencies:
bc
dialog
espeak-ng
html2text
sox
xidel

All are included in Slint but html2text and xidel that you can get
using sbopkg

Be aware that xidel (maintained by B. Watson @ https://slackbuildsorg)
requires fpc, also available fom SBo.

Best regards,

Didier
--
Didier Spaier
Slint maintainer

Le 03/01/2021 à 18:05, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
It turns out the package needed xidel and html2text.  I found that out by analyzing a typescript file in which cli-party was run.  Only problem is I installed html2text on slint and the cli-party game doesn't find html2text.  Python is in such a mess now lots of things including pip searches no longer work, so it may be necessary to give python some time to sort its mess and for distros to get the replacement packages for all of those deprecated packages.